Dr. Emmanuel U Opara is a Professor of Management Information Systems at the College of Business, Prairie View A&M University.
His research is in computer forensics, vulnerability and exploits discovery, intrusion detection/prevention analysis, incident response, and penetration testing while deploying python programming. These include vulnerabilities and intrusion methodologies for identifying cutting-edge insidious attack vectors, the “oldies-but-goodies” attacks that are still prevalent in today’s cyber-crime platforms. Further, he has interest in how to handle legal issues associated with responding to computer attacks, such as employee monitoring, working with law enforcement, and handling evidential concerns. He is also interested in Integrated Network Systems Securities, Biometrics Technology, Data Communication, Strategic IT Management and Decision Making, SAP-ERP, HANA Technology.
Prior to joining the Texas A&M Systems, at Prairie View, he worked for Chevron Corporation in the Upstream Division.
Dr. Opara received commendations for his contributions in the field of Information technology and cyber-security. Listed below are some of his publications:
- Opara E.U. & Soluade O.A. (2014), “Security Breaches, Network Exploits and Vulnerabilities: A Conundrum and an Analysis. International Journal of Cyber-Security and Digital Forensics [IJCSDF].
- Opara and Soluade O.A (2014); “Straddling The Next Cyber Frontier; The Empirical Analysis On Network Security, Exploits, And Vulnerabilities”. Accepted for publication in the International Journal of Electronics and Information Engineering [IJEIE].
- Opara, E., Shah J., Mirza M, 2014. “Electronics Health Records – Challenges and Opportunities”. The Journal of Information Technology Information Management [JIMIT]
- Musa, S.M., Opara, E.U, Shayib, M. A., & Oliver, J.D. (2014). “Measurement and Test Performance for Integrated Digital Loop Carrier for White Noise Impairment Using Interleaved Mode”. Communications of IIMA Journal, V (1).
- Opara, E. & Soluade, O. A. (2013). “Effect of Virtualization on Enterprise Network, Server/Desktop Systems on Small and Mid-Size Businesses [SMB’s]”. Journal of International Technology and Information Management, 22 (2).
- Opara, E & Vamuri V (2013), Information Technology and Resource Consumption: Causal Analysis of Paper Use”. International Journal of Global Management, 5 (1).
- Opara, E. & Bell, R. R. (2012). The Relative Frequency of Reported Cases by Information Technology Professional of Breaches on Security Defenses. International Journal of Global Management Studies Professional, 3 (1).
- Opara, E., Bell, R., & Byrant, M. (2011). Some Common Practices In Relation To Breaches In Information Technology Security: Does Stiffening Access Reduce Risk? International Journal of Global Management Studies Professional, 3 (2)..
- Opara, E. & Mahfouz, (2011). An Analysis of Historical Transformation of IT Giant Based on Sound Strategic Vision. Communications of the CIIMA, 11 (2), 13-21.
- Opara, E. U. & Etnyre, V. (2010). Enterprise Systems Network: SecurID Solutions, the Authentication to Global Security Sytems. Journal of International Technology and Information Management, 18 (3)..
- Opara, E. U. & Musa, S. (2010). Statistical Analysis of VoDSL Technology for the Efficiency of Listening Quality of 640k/640k. Journal of International Technology and Information Management, 18 (1)..
- Chong, G. & Opara, E. U. (2009). Ethical Framework for Information Technology and Business Professionals. Communications of the CIIMA, 9 (3)..
- Opara, E. U., Musa, S., & Akujuobi, C. (2007). ‘Utilization of Buffers for Performance Evaluation of Local Area Network Protocols’. Communications of the CIIMA..
- Opara, E. U., Rob, M., & Etnyre, V. (2006). Biometrics and Systems Security: An Overview of End-To-End Security System. Communications of the CIIMA, 6 (2)..
- Opara, E. U. & Marchewka, J. (2006). Enterprise Integrated Security Platform: Solution for Remote Access and Extranet Virtual Private Network [VPN. Journal of International Technology and Information Management, 15 (1)..
- Opara, E. U. (2005). Career in Information Technology: An Analysis of Job Satisfaction Among African American Males and African American Females in the United States. Journal of International Technology and Information Management, 15 (1)..
- Opara, E. U., Soliman, M.A., & Bell, R. (2004). Examining the Effects on Global Business of Women Using. Journal of Current Research in Global Business, 6 (9)..
- Opara, E. U. & Gupta, O. (2004). Scalability, Interoperability and Movement of Data on the Web Using XML Technology. Communications of the IIMA, 4(4), 71-84.
- Gupta, O. K. & Opara, E. (2004). Connectivity via Web Services: An Analysis for Interoperable E-Commerce. Communications of the IIMA, 4 (4), 00-109.
- Opara, E. U. & Gupta, O. (2004). Connectivity via Web Services: An Analysis for Interoperable E-Commerce. Communications of IIMA Journal, 4 (4), 99-109.
- Opara, E. U. (2004). XML: Gateway for Data Mobility and Universal Connectivity. Journal of International Technology and Information Management, 13 (3)..
- Opara, E. U. (2003). Enterprise Application Integration [EAI] and the Enterprise Resource Planning [ERP] Platform: A Conceptual Framework and a Field of Study. Journal of Current Research in Global Business, 5 (7), 84-93.
- Opara, E. U. (2003). An Interpretive Approach for Expert System Evaluation. Communications of IIMA Journal, 3 (2), 119-131.
- Opara, E. U. (2003). Extensible Markup Language: An Enterprise Integration Web Delivery System. Communications of IIMA Journal, 3 (2), 105-115.
- Opara, E. U. & Mohammed, R. (2003). Online Credit Card Processing: Important Issues to Consider for a Small Merchant. Human Systems Management, 22 (3)..
- Opara, E. U. (2003). Digital Technology: Effect on Global Business. Journal of Global Business, 14 (27), 65-71.
- Opara, E. U. (2000). The Political, Cultural and Religious Influences on Information Technology Diffusion in the African Continent. Journal of Current Research in Global Business, 2 (2), 21-30.
- Opara, E. (1996). The Empirical Test of Total Quality Management: An Application of TQM at Chevron and Its Impact on Productivity. Quality Engineering..